Massive news in the DC multiverse as, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Henry Cavill appears to be out in the role of Superman in the DC Films universe. We break it all down on today’s show.
- The Hollywood Reporter article saying Henry Cavill is likely out as Superman, though neither Cavill nor WB confirmed
- Dany Garcia (Cavill’s agent) tweets – “Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today.”
- Warner Bros. statement – “While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged”
- Henry Cavill on Instagram – Cryptic video in “Krypton lifting team” shirt with Superman action figure and caption “Today was exciting. #Superman”
- TMZ (owned by WB) article – “Sources in the know tell TMZ, there’s no real discussion over the main role because there’s no active ‘Superman’ project. It’s true … Cavill has felt he was underpaid for the role and that’s an issue, as is what some say was an underwhelming performance. We’re told if and when the next ‘Superman’ project is greenlit, Cavill along with others would be in play. If, for example, a director felt he was the perfect guy for the role, he could end up with another cape assuming he and the studio could come to terms.”
Article from The Hollywood Reporter – “Henry Cavill out as Superman”
- Talks for a Shazam! cameo fell apart (scheduling is given as reason)
- WB is instead focusing on a Supergirl movie that wouldn’t feature Superman
- “Furthermore, Warners isn’t likely to make a solo Superman film for at least several years, according to another source.”
- Cavill is likely to join Ben Affleck on his way out
- Michael B Jordan
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.