Shazam! is finally here. We give our review of David F. Sandberg’s film on today’s show.
- Non-spoiler thoughts
- Family friendly?
- Child actors
- Opening scene with Sivana and family (1974 – debut of Shazam! TV series)
- Billy is looking for his mom, gets sent to the Vasquez foster family
- Foster family – Freddy, Mary, Eugene, Pedro, Darla
- Sivana frees the Seven Deadly Sins and attacks his father’s company
- Billy helps Freddy, meets the Wizard Shazam at the Rock of Eternity
- Billy and Freddy test the powers, name, go viral
- Argument over what Shazam should do with his powers, Billy damages a bus
- Sivana attacks and then takes Freddy
- Mary and the others figure out Billy is the “superhero”
- Billy finds his mom
- Sivana goes to the Vasquez’s house, wants Shazam’s power
- Final battle at the carnival – Billy shares his power
- Ends with Billy accepting his new family
- End stuff – lunch scene, credits scene with Sivana/Mister Mind, Aquaman
- Humor (Santa)
- Lionel Luthor
- Mister Mind – genius alien worm, sometimes with telepathic or mind control powers
- Black Adam kind-of cameo; set up for solo film?
- Rocky – Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Adam Brody as adult Freddy, D.J. Cotrona as adult Pedro
- Lotta Losten as Doctor/researcher
- Seven Deadly Sins
- The power of Shazam
- Switch between Billy and Shazam
- The name – Captain Sparkle Fingers, etc.
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.