The CW’s Crisis on Infinite Earths is almost here. On this episode, we take a look at Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane’s role in the original comic book series and make our predictions for what the adaptation could like.
- Features Hoechlin’s Superman and Tulloch’s Lois Lane
- Also – Brandon Routh’s Superman and Jon Cryer’s Lex Luthor
Trailer 1 – YouTube
- Full trailer for crossover is usually released ~ 1 week out
- Really just 24 seconds of footage
- Several quick shots of Hoechlin’s Superman
- Baby Jon?
- Lois, Clark, with baby – on Argo?
- 1 glimpse of Tom Welling, 1 line of dialogue from Routh’s Superman
Teasers for Crisis on Infinite Earths
- No Lois, limited Superman
- Death of Superman Cape waving
Photos from Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 1 – (Entertainment Weekly)
- Clark, Lois, and baby – on Argo? They have wedding rings on
- Other images with team
Photos from Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 2 – (Entertainment Weekly)
- Tom Welling on the Kent Farm; Lois, Iris, and other Clark meet him?
- Brandon Routh’s Clark Kent/Superman at the Daily Planet- (JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman #1 2008); met by Hoechlin’s Superman
- Lois and Iris with Book of Destiny?
- Tom Welling and Erica Durance on Kent Farm – EW
The comic series
- 12 issue Maxi-series from 1985-1986, written by Marv Wolfman, art by George Perez
- Overall thoughts
- Superman’s role
- Superman characters:
- Earth-1 – Superman/Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Lana Lang, Supergirl, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Lori Lemaris, plus Legion, etc.
- Earth-2 – Superman/Clark Kent, Lois Lane-Kent, Power Girl, Alexei Luthor
- Earth-3 – Ultraman, Alexander Luthor, Lois Luthor, Alexander Luthor, Jr.
- Others – Superboy-Prime
- Biggest Superman story moments:
- The treatment and relationship of Earth-1 and Earth-2 Superman
- Team-up to stop Anti-Monitor/Death of Supergirl
- Traveling to the dawn of time
- “Uncle Clark” going to the Daily Planet
- Lex Luthor/Brainiac team-up
- Lois and Lana reporting news
- Final battle with Anti-Monitor – Earth-2 Superman unleashed
- “Ending” of Earth-2 Superman and Lois
The CW Adaptation
- Will they merge all Earths – Earth-1 and 38, Black Lightning, Krypton, Powerless, etc.
- DC Universe Earths?
- Will the multiverse still exist?
- Will they destroy all past Earths? Smallville, Christopher Reeve Superman, Lois & Clark
- Any kind of reboot or major changes?
Predictions/ Wish List
- Brandon Routh’s Superman – what happened to Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) and Jason White (Tristan Lake Leabu) from Superman Returns?
- Tom Welling and Erica Durance as Smallville Clark Kent and Lois Lane
- Earth-38 Clark/Superman and Lois
- Supergirl and Superman moments
- Lex’s Warsuit (Lexosuit)
- Lois & Clark Wedding
- Other Superman actors – John Haymes Newton/Gerard Christopher, Stacey Haiduk (Superboy), Dean Cain, Teri Hatcher, John Shea (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman), other Smallville cast or movie cast, Animation – Tim Daly, George Newbern, Dana Delaney
- Tweet from Bob (@stebob1984) – “Predictions: – John Kent will be aged up to a teenager & play a role similar to Alexander Luthor in the Crisis comics – Clark (Welling) will seemingly die early on but return met to end up save Lois (Durance)”
- Email from Rose – Do you think Supergirl will die (maybe as a fakeout) and do you think Superman will fight Anti-Monitor at the end or will it be more of a team-up?
Our Next Episode –
- Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 1 (first 3 episodes)
- December 8-10