Podcast (superman-confidential-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Episode 8 of the Superman Confidential podcast, takes a look at a teaser for Season 2 of Krypton plus details on Frank Miller’s Superman: Year One. Then, the host responds to a question on how he would design a Superman television series.
Teaser trailer for Season 2 of Krypton released by Syfy (YouTube)
- Visuals, Phantom Zone, unleashed Doomsday
- No release date yet, “coming soon”
- Season 1 should also be on DC Universe soon
Details on Superman: Year One comic book series to be released by DC Black Label – (Deadline)
- Written by Frank Miller, Art by John Romita Jr.
- 3 issues – June, August, October
- Collected edition releases in November
- “Superman: Year One is a coming-of-age story for the future Man of Steel, featuring a young alien-boy just trying to find his place in a new world. Faced with the need to hide his heritage and powers in order to survive, Clark will find his humanity through the grounding of the Kent family and the relationships that will define the man he will become. Told by two of the most revered voices in comics, Superman: Year One is more than a superhero story – it’s about the choices made by Clark Kent on his path to becoming a legend. It’s a testament to the importance of choosing to become a hero.”
- Another Superman origin – Man of Steel, Birthright, Secret Origin, Superman and the Men of Steel, Earth One, plus Superman for all Seasons, and American Alien
Recommendation for Superman: Dawnbreaker YA novel by Matt de la Pena
Twitter question from @BehindTheCapes – “Since it unfortunately seems like we are taking a break from Supes on the big screen, it would be awesome if he got a whole show to himself. He has always seemed to thrive on the small screen. What would an ideal Superman show look like to you?”
- Should Superman be on TV?
- Is Superman best on TV?
- Animation – New STAS, DC Comics Presents, Continuation of a Live-action series?
- Live-action – prequels
- Jimmy Olsen/Daily Planet or Metropolis SCU tie-in – Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin, Sergeant Casey, Project Cadmus, STAR Labs, Professor Hamilton, Bibbo, Gangbuster, Guardian, etc.
- Continuation/Revival of previous series – Superboy, Lois & Clark, Smallville
- Spin-off of existing shows? – Krypton, Arrowverse
- Live-action series starring Superman
- Network – HBO, Amazon, DC Universe, The CW
- Episode count – 10-13 per season
- Structure – 3 or 4 episode arcs with occasion one-offs
- Origin or prime Superman with flashbacks?
- Storylines – early post-crisis era structure (Exile, Brainiac, Panic in the Sky, etc.)
- Characters – Clark Kent/Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy and the DP staff, Kents, Lex Luthor, Emil Hamilton, Maggie Sawyer,
- Project Cadmus, STAR Labs, Fortress of Solitude, Ace o’ Clubs,
- Supporting heroes – Maxima, Gangbuster, Draaga, Waverider, Legion? John Henry and Natasha Irons/Steel
- Villains – Lex, Brainiac, Mongul, Metallo, Intergang, Mxy, Parasite, Toyman, Prankster, Puzzler, Ultraman, Bizarro, Doomsday