Podcast (superman-confidential-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Before Black Adam, The Hollywood Reporter dropped a big article on the upcoming future of DC movies. This episode of the podcast takes a look at that, including very early talk of a solo Henry Cavill Superman movie.
DC Movie update – The Hollywood Reporter
- Is this a PR piece?
- A lot is up in the air with DC, talent is vying for a piece of the DC IP, one insider called it the “Wild West”
- Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy are overseeing DC for now
- “De Luca, who is known for his fanboy roots and displays a deep knowledge of esoteric comic lore, remains firmly in charge of DC. He greenlit Joker 2, has been making decisions on Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and The Flash, and has been meeting with filmmakers. Rumors abound that his role could evolve into one with a more permanent and even exclusive oversight of DC. “
- Overall uncertainty with WB/DC
New Henry Cavill Superman movie?
- “…the studio’s eyes are very much on Superman. Under Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and Warner Bros. Pictures heads Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, Warners has an intense desire to reprise the Cavill iteration of the hero. The project that would essentially be Man of Steel 2 is being produced by Charles Roven and is currently in a search for writers. (There is a wishlist, of course. And Christopher McQuarrie, the hand that guides the Mission: Impossible movies was on it. McQuarrie worked with Cavill on the 2018 installment, Fallout, but sources say no official outreach has been made nor may it be feasible, as the director is working on the next back-to-back Impossible installments.)”
- Is this the 3rd or 4th time Man of Steel 2 has been “in the works”?
- Mission: Impossible 7 and 8 release in 2023 and June 28, 2024 (8 begin filming in March 2022)
- No writer, director, or release date
- Cavill still has The Witcher and other projects
- Charles Roven has produced The Dark Knight trilogy and all 3 movies featuring Henry Cavill as Superman
- Is it better for Superman to be associated with the DCEU or not?