On this episode of Superman & Lois: The New Adventures podcast, we break down Season 1, Episode 3 – “The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower”. We also discuss the show’s upcoming hiatus and the news that The CW will be released extended cuts of the episodes on their website and apps.
Superman & Lois to take a 7-week hiatus after episode 5 – (The CW)
- This is “ due to a COVID-related production interruption earlier this season”.
- Episodes 4 and 5 will air 3/16 and 3/23 as schedule
- 7-week break
- Returns May 18 in the normal Tuesdays at 9/8c time slot
- Season 1 finale will be no earlier than July 20 (assuming 15 episodes)
All Season 1 episodes of Superman & Lois will air extended cuts – Decider
- “In a first for the network, starting with Episode 2, and for the remainder of the season, each episode of Superman & Lois will hit CWTV.com and The CW app with additional footage or scenes”.
- The length will vary by episode
- All Season 1 episodes (the extended versions) will be free to stream on The CW’s website and app until 30 days before Season 2
- Presumably the extended cuts will also be the ones available on VOD services like Vudu,Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Ratings from pilot – Deadline
- 3.25 million overall viewers, 0.76 rating in live +7
- The CW’s best episode in 18-49 demographic
- Most-streamed series premiere in The CW’s history
The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower
- Description – GREGORY SMITH (“EVERWOOD”) DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Clark shares some of his Kryptonian history with Jordan and Jonathan during a family breakfast. Meanwhile, Lois and Chrissy dig deeper to uncover the truth about Morgan Edge.
- Directed by Gregory Smith, written by Brent Fletcher
- Twitter @TVSupermanLois
- [email protected]