Welcome to Superman & Lois: The New Adventures podcast, where we discuss the news on the recently announced Superman & Lois TV series that has been put in development for a potential debut in the 2020-21 television season.
The CW has put a Superman & Lois TV series into development
- Would return Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman and Elizabeth “Bitsie” Tulloch as Lois Lane
- Would also include their child, to be introduced in “Crisis on Infinite Earths”
- No word on Jon Cryer’s Lex Luthor or other previously-cast Superman characters
- For 2020-21 TV Season
- “Would follow the world’s most famous super hero and comic books’ most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.”
- Todd Helbing (writer for The Flash Seasons 1-5, co-showrunner starting in Season 2, showrunner of Seasons 4 and 5) is writing the pilot and will serve as executive producer
- Helbing co-wrote Smallville Season 7, episode 13 “Hero”
- Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schecter, and Geoff Johns will also serve as EPs
- Likely to take from Superman: Lois and Clark comic book mini-series and Superman/Action Comics Rebirth era
- Young Jon Kent/Superboy
- Heart, hope, and optimism
- Superman as a hero/stories
- Differences from Supergirl
- Clark & Lois dynamic
- Types of stories – crime, sci-fi, magic, etc.
- New costume
- Crisis on Infinite Earths – merge with Earth-1 and Krypton’s earth
- Villains from Krypton – Brainiac, Doomsday, Zod, Lobo, etc.
- Flashbacks to early days?
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.