On this episode of Superman & Lois: The New Adventures, we discuss DC FanDome, Bitsie Tulloch’s casting process for Lois Lane, possible filming news, and look at The New World and Black Dawn story arcs from Superman and Action Comics’ Rebirth era.
WB announces DC Fandome, a 24-hour virtual convention experience for August 22
- Press release – “Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including…Superman & Lois…”
- How much time for Superman & Lois?
- Panel with showrunner Todd Helbing and cast? Concept art? Teaser?
Bitsie Tulloch appeared on “We Have Cool Friends” YouTube show
- Says she generally introduces herself as Bitsie
- Talks about her career and how she got into acting (living in different countries, graduated with double major from Harvard)
- Audition process for Lois – told producers she was pregnant, her audition was the deleted Superman II scene where she finds out Clark’s identity (Richard Donner cut)
- Talks about how she had been told she looked like Margot Kidder (before being cast), and was once advised to watch Lois screen tests for Superman: The Movie
- Quickly found out she was picked to be Lois
- Has only read the Pilot, but knows where some things are going
- The 2 boys are 13 years old
- Is excited to work with the cast, but has only met Tyler and the boys (who they did chemistry tests with)
- “It is different from the other DC CW shows. It feels a little darker. It feels to me a little bit if, like, Superman and Lois were like Friday Night Lights-ish…like real, and I think part of the reason I’m thinking that is because of the family dynamic being a huge aspect of it, but it does feel slightly different than the other shows. A little grittier maybe.”
- Had a plane ticket to Vancouver for March 18, which obviously didn’t happen.
- Said she’s currently hearing September/October for filming if things are going well.
- Mentions Vanouver is having relatively good numbers so far, will have to quarantine for 2 weeks when entering country.
- Confirms it was supposed to be a fall premiere and they are now hoping for January.
- When she joined someone in production (she wouldn’t say who) said because Superman is such an important property, it would likely only be a brief appearance, unless her and Tyler together got a strong reaction
- Didn’t hear back until 4 or 5 months after the “Elseworlds” crossover
- Got a call from Greg Berlanti in early 2019 that they would be developing Superman & Lois
- Said she and Tyler would call each other and be excited but couldn’t say anything
- Seems comfortable with the pressure of the role and has respect for the character
British Columbia filming allowed to resume – (The Hollywood Reporter)
- WorkSafeBC filming guidelines
- No updates from WB/The CW on when they may resume productions
- Twitter @TVSupermanLois
- [email protected]