This episode of the podcast takes a look at the latest news and reports from Warner Bros. Discovery and what it could mean for Superman’s movie future. Plus, a quick review of DC League of Super-Pets.
Warner Bros. Discovery stuff
- New York Post – movie is “irredeemable”, would be damaging to DC brand; “This is the end of DC as a hobby,” the source said.
- The Hollywood Reporter – WBD wants DC films to be theatrical events
- Variety – Best financial decision was to expense it for tax break, rather than pump more money in for theatrical release
- Also – Batman animated series being sold,
Warner Bros. Discovery investor meeting
- DC listed as a Brand
- Superman listed separately as a franchise
- DC may be a separate studio?
What does this mean for DC movie future and Superman?
- More news to come?
- What is the plan?
- New DC head
- Rumors of potential changes to HBO Max
- Arrowverse ending
- Hard reboot? What about Batman Universe, Black Adam, etc.
- Long-term plan?
- Superman & Lois, My Adventures with Superman, animated movies, DC Comics