Podcast (superman-confidential-podcast): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
This episode of the Superman Confidential podcast takes a look at the latest news and trailer for Zack Snyder’s Justice League, more Henry Cavill rumors, Superman ’78, and Krypton.
Zack Snyder’s Justice League trailer – YouTube
- Death of Superman starts like battle of Metropolis in BvS?
- Super scream power
- Lex’s bell ringing dialogue from BvS
- Superman hologram/wave the red cape
- Lois looking up
- Pa Kent’s picture that was buried with Clark in BvS
- Lois & Clark at the Kent farm
- Superman’s recovery suit flying
- Clark hugging Lois and Martha
- Superman with heat vision
- Jonathan Kent’s dialogue from Man of Steel
- Credits – (2) Henry Cavill, (3) Amy Adams, (9) Jesse Eisenberg, (11) Diane Lane
HBO Max Justice League details
- Will release March 18
- Will be a 4+ hour movie, not released as individual epiosdes
- “Exclusively on HBO Max”
- 3 posters released, including 1 inspired by Superman #75/The Death of Superman
- Fallen, Risen, Reborn
Zack Snyder interview with Comic Book Debate
Zack Snyder – Vanity Fair
- “But Warner Bros. did nix some of his more sweeping notions for Justice League, like adding a romance between Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne and Amy Adams’s Lois Lane, who was mourning Superman’s death in the previous film. “The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.”
Harry Lennix confirms he will be appearing in Justice League as Martian Manhunter – Collider
- Appeared as Calvin Swanwick in Man of Steel and BvS
Officially rated R for (Filmratings.com)
- Rated R for violence and some language.
Henry Cavill won’t appear as Superman in Shazam! Sequel – Variety
- There had previously been rumored that he would appear
- Unknown if/when he may appear again
DC announces Superman ‘78 comic book series “set within the world Richard Donner and Christopher Reeve created in Superman: The Movie”
- Writer Rob Venditti and artist Wilfredo Torres
- Synopsis – In Superman ’78, bystanders are surprised and delighted by Superman’s abilities, and Lois Lane doesn’t (yet!) know that Clark Kent is secretly Superman. The sheer thrill of seeing a man fly, leap, or stop a bullet will be reflected in this environment where Superman has just been introduced! Inspired by Donner’s classic, timeless style of superhero storytelling, in Superman ’78 Venditti and Torres will show fans that a man can truly fly.
- When is it set?
- What is in continuity?
- 12 digital chapters – 6 release on July 27, then 1 per week for remaining 6
- Then released as printed comics between August and October, with a hardcover collection in November
A Superman and Lois Lane podcast will be on the way to Spotify – Deadline
- Original, scripted series
Both seasons of Syfy’s Krypton are available to stream on The CW Seed
- 20 episodes
- Free with ads